May 25, 2021
My Recommended Email Newsletters
I am, of course, not the first person to comment on the email newsletter resurgence over the last few years. Whilst it’s easy to think we’ve reached peak newsletter, heck, even my cat started one, there are thankfully some gems out there.
I’ve never been massively active on social media so unlike many who turn to Twitter for their news, I still prefer blogs and newsletters to keep up to date on work and personal interest topics.
This list is by no means complete, and may well get updated in due course, but represents the current crop of my “must-reads”. Recommendations welcome (hit the email link in the footer)!
- Courier Weekly & Courier Workshop — Both worthy of your email covering stories of modern business, insights, advice and know-how for the entrepreneurial-minded
- Creativerly — A weekly digest about creativity and productivity-boosting tools and resources, combined with valuable insights, articles, and findings from the fields of design and tech.
- 2pm’s Monday Letter — An industry-leading source that analyzes the intersection of media and commerce and how those principles are applied elsewhere.
- Dense Discovery — A beautiful weekly email with fresh discoveries at the intersection of technology, design, sustainability, and culture
- DTC — A look behind the curtain of today’s most profitable direct to consumer brands and campaigns
- Huckberry — A free to join member site with one of the best daily newsletters around covering gear, EDC, homeware and more
- The Hyphen — The Hyphen is a monthly newsletter by Emma Gannon covering book recommendations, podcasts, life updates, and general career inspiration
- Indie Hackers — The best news for founders, not consumers, with actionable insights and market updates to help you start and grow your business.
- Jonathan Stark’s Daily Mailing List — A daily newsletter on pricing for independent professionals
- Leanluxe — The best in modern luxury business intelligence from around the globe
- The Monocle Minute — News and recommendations from Monocle’s editors, correspondents and bureaux
- Noticing — Noticing is a newsletter by Jason Kottke that dispatched every Friday with a roundup of the most interesting ideas, people, and links of the week
- The Sensemaker — Clear, calm analysis on the stories that matter most right now
- Sidebar — 5 design focused links, everyday
- Sidekick — A twice-weekly email delivering all the good stuff the internet has to offer. From recipes to must-stream TV to gadgets and gizmos
- The Smashing Newsletter — Useful front-end & UX bits, delivered once a week by my old friends at Smashing Magazine
- The Steam — Hot links, fresh tech, job opportunities, and anything else that bubbled up this past week from the team at Jacuzzi Club
- Sticky Notes — Advertising & writing secrets to help you sell like hell written by Cole Schafer who also sends out Stranger than Fiction!
- Stranger than fiction — Short stories, delivered right to your inbox, about bat shit crazy marketing ideas that have made brands millions
- Vervaunt Update — Paul Rogers of Vervaunt rounds up all that is interesting in ecommerce, a must industry read
This article was written by Keir Whitaker and published on May 25, 2021. All articles are available in the blog archive and you can subscribe to the RSS Feed for updates. Have a question? Discuss this article with me by email.