September 13, 2021
Milk Bottle Podcast: Shopify Unite 2021
In what is fast becoming an annual tradition Keith from Milk Bottle kindly invited me back on his podast to discuss the Shopify Unite annoucments from earlier this year.
Here’s what we discussed:
- Brief lowdown of Shopify announcements made in June 2021
- Covid update — UK v IRE
- Why the Shopify online store 2.0 and the Dawn theme is Shopify’s most significant announcement to date. Plus how it has enormous content management potential.
- How the new default theme Dawn is a strong starting point to build an ecommerce site on
- Speed and elegance, Dawn is 35% faster
- Is 2.0 on premium themes? What does a Shopify merchant have to do to take advantage?
- What is sections everywhere?
- The concept of drag and drop components or ‘sections.’
- Shopify online 2.0 offering enormous flexibility putting it on par with Squarespace and WordPress
- Single products stores
- Defining metafields (creating size guides, instructions), simplifying experiences and offering flexibility
- Everyone wants more data attached to their products
- Auditing apps
- Making a fresh start with Dawn
- How to work with an agency to get expertise. A store audit results in a better experience for customers
- Developers can now interact in a way never before experienced
- Personalising the checkout experience
Thanks again to Keith for having me back (again and again) on the show and using a much younger version of me on the promo image — it was a blast as always. You can find other episodes in their podcast archive.
This article was written by Keir Whitaker and published on September 13, 2021. All articles are available in the blog archive and you can subscribe to the RSS Feed for updates. Have a question? Discuss this article with me by email.